Professional Nursing (RN)
Academic Associate of Science Degree in Nursing
The Professional Nursing (RN) Program is designed for students who have chosen to pursue a career as a Registered Nurse. The program consists of 72 credit hours with clinical in various health care facilities. A student will be prepared to take the NCLEX-RN and upon successfully passing the NCLEX and upon State licensure, can become a Registered Nurse (RN). Professional Nursing (RN) from Bolivar Technical College will provide the students with training in: Fundamentals of Nursing, Pharmacology, Medical-Surgical, Maternal/Child Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, and Leadership and Management. Classes listed are not necessarily taught in the sequence shown.
Program Length: 4 Semesters / 64 weeks
Program start date: We now take new students for this program every fall semester. We begin accepting applications for this program one year in advance.
Download or view handbook: Professional Nursing Handbook
- Historical and present views of professional practice.
- Physical assessment and client interview.
- Health promotion and current health trends.
- Critical thinking as part of the nursing process.
- Evidence-based practice and the role of the professional nurse.
- Nursing research and care issues.
- Integration of theoretical content of general education classes with nursing theory and practice.
Program Schedule of Courses
Professional Nursing (RN) Employment Opportunities (with Licensure)
- Home Health
- Nursing Home
- Clinic RN
- School Nurse
- Most medical facilities