Professional Nursing (RN) ‘Bridge’
Academic Associate of Science Degree in Nursing
The Registered Nurse Bridge Program is designed for students who are already currently Missouri Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) and have chosen to pursue a career as a Registered Nurse. Completion of the nursing program does not guarantee eligibility to take the licensure examination. Successful completion of the Professional Nursing for LPN to RN program does not guarantee licensure (see section 335.066 RSMO).
Program Length: 2 semesters + summer transition session + prerequisites
Program start date: We begin accepting applications for this program one year in advance of the program start date.
Download or view handbook: Professional Nursing Handbook
Requirements: Undisciplined Missouri LPN license
BIO 111 Anatomy & Physiology I 4
BIO 211 Anatomy & Physiology II 4
CHE 103 Fundamentals of Chemistry 4
PSY 101 Introduction to Psychology 3
BIO 302 Principles of Human Nutrition 3
- Historical and present views of professional practice.
- Physical assessment and client interview.
- Health promotion and current health trends.
- Critical thinking as part of the nursing process.
- Evidence-based practice and the role of the professional nurse.
- Nursing research and care issues.
- Integration of theoretical content of general education classes with nursing theory and practice.
Program Schedule of Courses
Professional Nursing (RN) Employment Opportunities (with Licensure)
- Home Health
- Nursing Home
- Clinic RN
- School Nurse
- Most medical facilities